February 20, 2011

UK Day 1

Heya folks,

I just thought it'd be fun to revive my blog while I'm working and travelling in the UK.

Right now I'm in the city of Worchester, home to Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce, pronounced WHAr-sher-ster, ending all debate to a question that's plagued me for quite some time now.

I'm here to train and meet with the manufacturing folks that'll be building the vehicles I helped to design, getting a lot of invaluable experience helping to put actual cars together, and to see how my designs work in reality with production parts and tools.

The architecture here is pretty interesting, a lot of the common buildings here are dominated by red brick, with some heritage tudor style and neo-classical civic and financial buildings breaking up the red monotony.

some things that I've learned:

  • Canadian money is more valuable in Canada (go figure) hence you'll get a better exchange rate within the country.
  • I can understand most people here (go figure), but that both of us have to talk more slowly than normal
  • cellphones are really darn cheap here (1 GBP for a phone with a calling card - 10GBP)
  • what an English Sunday roast, and a real Yorkshire pudding tastes like
  • the beer is really good here
  • they have a lot of pubs here that serve a lot of beer
until next time!

No comments: