October 26, 2008

Motown - Day 19



So. I've worked about 75 hours in the last 7 days. 98 in the last 9 days (Day 21 edit). Surprisingly it's not as draining as one would think. (un?)Fortunately, I've also been eating out for every one of those meals for the past 168 hours. That means more time to work, and time to just kick back at the end of the day to unwind, turn my brain off or to reflect. I've successfully negotiated a return flight this Wednesday - marking 21 days in Motor City. That does mean setting myself up for a really intense 48 hours to try and complete two engineering drawings, both of which I've kinda not really started.

Being in Detroit does have its perks however. I cut Friday off at 8 hours, and took off with Larry (Lead Engineer in Detroit) to catch the Red Wings game at Joe Louis Arena. What can I say about the wings? Sheer poetry in motion. I was astounded how they would predict each others movements such that they were able to string a series of 5-6 passes, each player only touching the puck once in that sequence. Telepathy. It must be the only way. I've caught some other games, and I was kinda disappointed at the level of play - This game was intense, a couple of highlight reel goals, with fantastic seats behind the home goal.



The above fellow in red is Henrik Zetterburg. Between him and another fellow named Marian Hossa, they tore up the Atlanta Thrashers for 4 goals.

Watch Hossa as he dekes the pants off the defenseman AND the goalie at the same time.

While this jaunt out of Vancity has been pretty culturally enriching, I'd really like to get back to seeing people I know.

That's all for today folks.

No comments: