December 31, 2011

2011 Year in Review

Hi Folks,

It's been a while, but I figure the holiday break is a perfect time to check in and let the internet know how my life is going.

Highlights of 2011 include:

  • Catching the first powder in my life at Sunpeaks
  • Going to the UK, not once, but twice to help my company kickstart production for the Ford/Azure Transit Connect Electric.
  • While in the UK, visiting London and Edinburgh
  • Hosting a TON of friends coming to visit Vancouver
  • Leading a small group at my church, stepping down, then kick-starting a new small group
  • Hiking the West Coast Trail with an awesome group of friends
  • Vacationing in California with my parents and learning how to surf
  • Checking out Tofino, and renewing my newfound love for surfing
  • Learning how to Wakeboard
  • Discovering for myself Planetary Gearsets and applying them at my job. Best invention since sliced bread.
  • Catching the Foo Fighters in Concert 
  • Cooking a  Turducken
Common Answers to Common Questions about my life in 2011.

Career:
I'm a low-level minion working my way up at Azure Dynamics, a company that integrates hybrid and electric powertrains into automobiles, with a focus on the medium duty truck market. Practically speaking that means I design lots of bits and pieces made of steel and plastic so that other bits and pieces don't fall off the car while it jaunts to and fro. Lately though, I've been getting opportunities to work more on the architecture side of things...

Girlfriend?
No.

Potentials?
There was a swing or two at it in 2011, but didn't make any connections...

How do you like Vancouver? Any plans to go back to Ontario?
I love Vancouver. There's still a lot more wilderness I want to experience, namely hiking and snowboarding among the mountains. I wouldn't say I'm set on living here for the rest of my life, but things are pretty sweet.

Stay tuned for my 2012 Manifesto!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Congrats on an awesome year Jon! Glad to see you are enjoying the West Coast

Eric said...

yeah west coast