July 17, 2010

Moment of Whimsy: Meeting Mr. Caterpillar

Life Lesson# 561: Wash your Vegetables.
















I had a visitor the other day, turns out I had a caterpillar munching through my vegetables while they sat in my fridge for a week or so. From time to time when I'm in a rush I won't wash my vegetables or I'll just give them a quick rinse; this was one of those times. Luckily for me, and more luckily for Mr. Caterpillar here, there was this one tender shoot and flowers that fell to the counter as I transferred my vegetables from the bag to the boiling water. Yum.
















Mr. Caterpillar was quite alive and well, albeit disoriented from his sudden eviction. For a brief moment I was tempted to throw him into the water as fate almost certainly should've dictated, but good judgment and compassion took hold and I released him to the great wilderness of my backyard.

RUN FREE MR. CATERPILLAR!

1 comment:

Bily said...

i don't think capterillars run =p